In this episode we take a closer look at the COVID-19 global pandemic and corresponding lockdown, discussing what possibilities for reflection and potential transformation the experience of lockdown affords. New episodes coming out every Thursday! We’d love to hear from you! Feel free to get in touch with us on instagram @afterthought_podcast, facebook @AfterthoughtPodcastCDK, or by emailing us at email@example.com
2. Thinking the Present Moment Part 2: Coronavirus and the Impossible
15. Conclusion Part 1: Strategies for Thinking the PresentChristopher Peet, , Podcast, 0
In this episode, (part one of our two-part conclusion), we aim to tie together – like a nice bow...
16. Conclusion Part 2: Beyond Hope for the Future: Compassion and ResolveChristopher Peet, , Podcast, 0
We begin with where the podcast started: one of the characteristics of the contemporary world, which is both an...
1. Thinking the Present Moment: The World as a Convergence of CrisesChristopher Peet, , Podcast, 0
In this first episode of the Afterthought series we introduce some of the global crises that our world is...
7. After Modernity, what? Postmodernity, Ultramodernity, Multiple ModernitiesChristopher Peet, , Podcast, 0
We discuss different ways to understand the “end” of the modern Western worldview: does it end? Does it entrench...
8. Myth and WorldviewChristopher Peet, , Podcast, 0
If key to the modern Western worldview was the discovery of deep space, deep time, deep process, and deep...
10. The Axial Age: 2500 Years AgoChristopher Peet, , Podcast, 0
This episode introduces our listeners to “the Axial Age”, the time period of the middle first millennium BC. The...
TrailerChristopher Peet, , Podcast, 0
Meet your hosts for Afterthought podcast! Dawson Strand, Chris Peet, and Karambir Singh.
9. Globalization: One Globe, Many WorldsChristopher Peet, , Podcast, 0
Globalization means that economically, industrially, technologically, all humans have become interconnected. In this episode we argue the other side...